CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm a dancing machine

Big Bertha (my treadmill) has been getting minimal use lately.  I was religiously plugging away every single day for at least 30 minutes.  One day I noticed that the speed kept slowing up and slowing down without touching any buttons.  It would hesitate or stall when both feet were on and then speed up as soon as I would pick up my feet.  This gave me the feeling of falling and I've steered clear (probably just another excuse on my part).  At first I thought it was my weight, but I got the torture device when I was well over 300 pounds and haven't had an issue.

Instead of sitting around eating bons bons, I decided to plug in one of our many dancing games.  Let me tell you....my whole body hurts!  My arms especially are killer - even just to raise them above my head.  My body is moving, I've got swamp ass (sweat in my unmentionables), my head is swinging in time with the beat, and I'm singing off key.  It's the most fun I've had in quite awhile.  The kids are even getting involved and have become my back up dancers.  Those little monkeys would outshine me if I wouldn't push myself to move and we can't let that happen! 

I'm having a blast!  I'm moving and shaking my ass! And I'm loving every minute.  How silly is it to finally realize that if you do something you love, then it doesn't feel like exercise? 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You were in the zone, Girl!! When I saw how many calories I could burn just by dancing around all goofy for half an hour to my favorite music, I about fell on the floor. I should do that every day! Good news is, you could most likely dance instead of doing the treadmill and accomplish a lot more (you're obviously working WAY more muscles)! Let's get you on Dancing with the Stars!!!!

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

That is SO KEY! If you love it, then it's not "exercise". Awesome!! I feel that way about playing basketball. :)

~Margene

Anonymous said...

What dancing games are you doing? How fun that you sort of pivoted to something enjoyable and different.

The Fat Mom said...

I'm doing Just Dance 2 on the Wii. Dance Central and Michael Jackson on Xbox Kinect. We are a gaming family....so we have about every single gaming system out right now.

the strawberry said...

I think that's why I love Zumba.. doesn't really feel like exercise because it's fun! I think it's awesome you're not hating sweating!

I've played Michael Jackson on the Wii at my parent's house, and omg. My thighs start burning after a while!

Anonymous said...

Hi! New follower here. YOu have made some great progress. My heaviest a couple years ago was 333, it was awful. This June I started at 311 and am almost 50 pounds down. Looking forward to catching up on your blog. YOu have some great items on the bucket list.... who knew it'd be so awesome to put the arm rests down at a theater and who would have thought it was not to be taken for granted..... ugh. Glad you're on the right track to health now.

Dusti Lane said...

An easy way to get the weight off WITHOUT STARVING OR TOO MUCH EXERCISE is to simply eat 3 REGULAR meals a day BUT incorporate YOUR favorite fast carbs, slow carbs & protein. EXAMPLE for breakfast: two fried eggs, two pieces of toast, strawberries and a banana. Let me tell YOU, if YOU are still HUNGRY an HOUR later enjoy a bowl of cereal with 2 % milk and maybe a glass of orange JUICE. TRUST ME FUN, EASY AND EFFECTIVE WAY TO HEALTHILY LOOSE WEIGHT, now dancing on the wii definitely good for YOU BUT DONT TRY TO DIET IN A WAY THAT DEPRIVES YOU OF THE THINGS YOU LOVE.... eat a chocolate cheesecake for after dinner, JUST make SURE YOUR MEAL BEFORE HAD A GOOD BALANCE OF FAST CARBS (ex. bread, pasta, fat carbs we all know those) with SLOW CARBS (ex. Vegetables, FRUITS) then PROTEIN (ex. meats) :))


I enjoy YOUR BLOG, adorable LAYOUT by the way.


(SORRY ALL THE CAPS! My "U" BUTTON is broke so it only works when I capitalize it lol)


GOOD LUCK ON THE WEIGHT LOSS YOU DEFINITELY CAN DO IT!!!!

Post a Comment