CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Is your spouse making you fat?

This article was highlighted on MSN yesterday; the title drew my eyes, made me curious, and I clicked it.  Let's be honest, I was trying to find proof that it's all my husband's fault on why I'm fat.  Who wants to take personal responsibility for that?  Who wants to admit that the only person to blame is themself?  It's much easier to blame someone else for a problem you have.  Whether it be your husband, your children, that darn pot luck dinner you must attend every month, the media, friends, the parents that never supported you, that pesky waiter who brought out the dessert tray after dinner, whatever. 

The last time I checked it was me who decided to eat the entire bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups....not my husband!  Why should my husband and children be forced not to buy Double Stuffed Oreos because I can't keep my grubby hands out of the bag?  At some point I have to take responisbility for my own actions and my own weight issues instead of blaming those I truly care about.  This is the part in my weight loss journey where I blame myself.  This is also the part that I'm not feeling sorry for myself but taking action!

5 comments:

Tina said...

I agree...but I also think that my family does not need to eat the crap and sit on the couch anymore than I do. Better to try to make a whole family lifestyle change, to keep us ALL healthy for a long time to come! ♥

Unknown said...

There is one thing I've noticed. When my husband gets a snack, I have to stop myself from getting a snack, too. It's like 'monkey see monkey do', I swear.

Anonymous said...

Yep. I told hubby that I was pissed that he was letting me get away with it (It being going for another cup of cereal yesterday). Who is he... my keeper?

I am trying to own it. Sometimes I fall back on old habits. Less and less each day.

I do know it is easier to diet without the distractions of say... life, people who love you... but who wants that?

If your spouse or family do not support you - that merits examination.

FatAngryBlog said...

I'm a bitch and try to keep snacks in the house to things I don't like - LOL!

the strawberry said...

They don't need the junk any more than we do. Try telling them that, though. Bitches.

Since I do most of the shopping, I use FAB's method- no Oreo's will be found in my house! And thankfully, no one else loves mint anything. WINNING!

Post a Comment