CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Update on Mom

Mom is home from the hospital!!!  Basically we don't know what happened because the doctor couldn't give us any answers.  We do know that she had fluid in her lungs and had pre-pneumonia.  That was the main reason why she was admitted.  She was given high doses of antibiotics on Monday afternoon and started to feel better almost immediately. 

Tuesday morning she ate breakfast and the pain returned.  The pain medicine did not help whatsoever and basically she screamed for 3 hours until the pain went away.  When the doctor came in later that night he said that her stats were good, no fever, and the fluid in her lungs looked better.  The spasms in her belly were a mystery.  Instead of running more tests, he put her on a solid diet and crossed his fingers.  I don't agree with not finding out WHY this was happening, but I don't have medical training.

After eating solid foods and without having any pain she was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon.  I'm very grateful for those who sent prayers, vibes, whatever our way.  I appreciate it!  I don't know what I would do if I lost my Mom and I would be lying if that didn't cross my mind.  It was the most disheartening feeling seeing her in so much pain and not being able to help.  Hopefully she will be back to her normal wacky self soon and being home is a step in the right direction!

6 comments:

the strawberry said...

I'm so glad to hear she's doing better!! I hope they figure out the stomach pain, though. That's crazy!

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

That is great that she is doing better! I hope this mystery gets solved! Did they check out her gallbladder?

The Fat Mom said...

The problems are from the surgery she had to remove her gallbladder. Go figure. :)

The Ninja said...

Yay! I'm so glad she came home and is doing better. I was praying for you guys. Have a good weekend.

Unknown said...

What a relief that she's back at home. Whenever parents get sick, that can be so stressful a time. I hope she's back to her old self - soon!

Anonymous said...

Big relief that she is at home and feeling a bit better. That was scary. Be sure to update us on how she is doing.

Post a Comment