CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 22, 2011

My Mom

On Friday my Mom went into surgery for a "simple" and "routine" gallbladder removal.  I was on pins and needles all morning while waiting for the phone call from my Dad to say everything was fine.  When he finally called, I heard the panic in his voice.  She had a bad reaction to the anesthesia and they couldn't wake her up for a long period of time.  When she was moved out of recovery and Dad was able to see her she was screaming in pain.  He looks down and she is sitting in a pool of blood.  He is rushed out of the room as nurses flood in.  Later on we found out that a capillary didn't clot properly but they were able to correct the problem.  They sent her home that afternoon.

Saturday she was still in pain but managing with pain meds and lots of sleep.  Sunday I went to check on her and she seemed to be feeling better.  The pain was still there, but not as bad.  I thought things were going in the right direction.  Today my mom calls me to say she is going to the ER.  I took off work and went to sit with her and Dad.  After 3 doses of pain medication, she is screaming and moaning about the pain.  She feels as though her stomach is being ripped apart.  She underwent a CAT scan and an ultrasound in order to find the problem.  She was admitted back into the hospital. 

Of course we have no information on what's going on.  The doctors and nurses are being very tight lipped about everything.  I'm worried.  Please send your prayers, good vibes, healing mojo, whatever you believe in our way. 

11 comments:

Mer and Mo said...

Yes - for sure all of you are in my prayers...fingers crossed that all is good soon!!

MO

the strawberry said...

Oh shit!! I'll be praying hard for her!

And it's TOTALLY acceptable to bitch out the nurses in the middle of the hall until they tell you something. They'd want to know if it was their mom, too.

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

So sorry... prayers coming your way...
Positive thoughts...

~Margene

Jennifer said...

I am praying for her...

Jennifer

Kristen said...

i am so sorry thinking of you

Sarah G said...

My thoughts are with you and your family!

Meg said...

Holy crap.....definitely thinking about all of you and praying for her.

The Ninja said...

I'm sending prayers your way, keep us updated, I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Yes. In my prayers, you your parents and the doctors.

You can certainly find out what she was readmitted for. You are on her OK to tell list right? If not talk to dad.

No worrying about anything you do not know to be true. Be firm and persistent.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Also - a capillary? Hmm. I'd revisit that.

MB said...

I'll be praying.

Post a Comment