CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The beginning of a new road


Weight has always been an issue for me and I thought as an adult it wouldn't affect me as much as when I was younger. I thought labels and comments would stop and acceptance would follow. I thought adults would look past the weight and accept you for who you were. I thought magically my self-esteem would rise and the harsh looks and sneers would not faze me. Sadly, I was mistaken.

Every new journey in life starts because something significant in their life prompted a change. For me it was being labeled as the "fat mom" of my son's football team. This week I made a goal for myself; I want to lose 175 pounds by my 30th birthday. After the next 629 days, I hope I'm labeled as the "nice mom", the "friendly mom", or even the "creative mom". No longer do I want to be known as the fat mom!

Today is the first day of my new life.

1 comments:

Amy said...

I love the "Goal by 30." I had a similar goal until I got pregnant with my third. I still haven't lost touch with that goal - it's just extended. But I want to gain control of my weight issuess so I'm not dieting for the rest of my life!!!

I like your blog!

Post a Comment