CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Goals

Most of my close friends and family know that I'm on WW again. They always ask how much weight I want to lose and my answer is, "I want to be healthy and in order to do that I need to lose 175 pounds." After they pick their jaw up off the floor (or stop laughing as my husband did) they respond with, "Don't you think you should have a smaller goal in mind?"

I usually keep my mouth shut and tell them that they have a valid point, but inside I want to go off on them. Sure, I have smaller goals and I know that 175 pounds isn't going to magically disappear (as much as I really wish it would). In the end, I have to look at the big picture. I can't tell myself that I need to lose only 20 pounds because when 20 pounds comes around I'm going to stop trying.

This week my mission is to set goals for myself; big and small. Goals that will motivate me to lose this weight! Things that I've been dying to do, but have made excuses for not doing them. I'm curious what others have set as a goal. What motivates you to lose weight? What are you looking forward to do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment