CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Scale Hopper

I've been known as a scale hopper. Meaning if there is a scale and I'm on a diet then I'm going to jump on it. It could be once a week, once a day, several times a day, or even several times in an hour. When I started WW over a week ago, I promised myself that I would consciencely try to stop that habit.

Curiousity got the better of me though and I jumped on the scale Friday with almost a 3 pound weight loss. I was over the moon happy; I even did a little booty shake in my kitchen as the kids watched. I emailed my Mom, who is my personal cheerleader, and told her the good news. Within minutes she emailed back with a "Congrats. I'm so proud of you" email.

Last night we went to my cousin's house to play games, drink, and socialize. All day long I made an effort to keep track of my points for the little extras that would come up. For example, the beer, the handful of popcorn, and even the cheeseburger I ate on the way home. I was excited that I didn't go overboard and even happened to stay within my daily Points.

This morning was weigh in and I was excited. I jumped on the scale getting ready to do another booty shake and realize the 3 pounds that were there just 2 days ago turned into a 0.8 loss. SERIOUSLY?!? I went from excited to bummed in 5 seconds and immediately thought about what I could stuff in my mouth. I'll show you 0.8 pounds!

We ate lunch and I had 2 sandwiches with real mayo and a side of cream corn. I'll show you 0.8 pounds! We ate dinner and I had 6 fried crab puffs, dumplings, and a salad with regular dressing. I'll show you 0.8 pounds! But at the end of the day, I feel more miserable with myself than when I jumped on the scale this morning. I realize now (alittle too late) that even a 0.8 weight loss is STILL A LOSS! Maybe one of these days I will learn. Maybe?

0 comments:

Post a Comment