CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hate-Loss Challenege: Week 2

It's amazing how positive and powerful words can improve your attitude!  Yesterday I was scheduled for an interview at 1:30 and the butterflies were fluttering rapidly in my tummy.  I was beyond nervous.  As I put on my new (smaller) interview worthy outfit, I thought about the challenge.  I went to the mirror and stared at myself for.....a.....long.....time.  The words would not come out of my mouth.  Finally, I blurted out, "You can do this!  You are amazing!  You are smart!  This company would be stupid if they don't choose me.  Hold your head up.  Be confident.  You can do this!"  The more I looked at myself, the more I said those positive words to that reflection, the more I believed it.  The butterflies began to disperse and the confidence in myself began to grow. 

I walked into that office with my head held high, a smile on my face, and a determination that was so fierce it scared me.  Let me just say, I rocked that interview! 

18 comments:

arielcircleofnine said...

AWESOME!!!! Congrats on rocking the interview, and hope you get a call-back soon!

FatAngryBlog said...

Good for you, hon!!!!

the strawberry said...

You ARE awesome, and smart, and beautiful- and they're going to see that but you have to see it too! I hope the interview works out!!

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

Good for you! I hope you get the job!

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

That is SO COOL! Way to go on those positive comments to yourself!! That is so inspirational. :)

~Margene

Anonymous said...

Great! I love your attitude. Words are very important. They can hurt and they can heal. Choose your words carefully, right? You are amazing, smart and beautiful.

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

I gave you an award, check it out.

Unknown said...

I cannot tell you how big of a goofy grin I have on my face right now. I am amazed that you were able to work through the anxiety - AMAZED. You have got the strength within you to do anything, everything you set your mind to. I'm convinced of it. I totally heart you, FM!

Vagabonds Mercantile said...

This is awesome! Way to go and thanks for the inspiration,.They would be fools not to hire you.

Patrick said...

Confidence enables so many things for us, and others respond positively to our confidence as well. No doubt you rocked the interview!

Kristen said...

that is great! Good luck with the job!! I found myself reading your post outloud!!!

The Ninja said...

They would be lucky to have you. You have to let us know when you find out. Good Job.

Call me Ishmael said...

Hey, congrats! I gave you an award too -- check it out when you can.
http://livinginonederland.blogspot.com/2011/01/and-4-3-2-1-roll-camera.html

Roxie said...

Great job on your confidence!

Anonymous said...

You are just SO awesome! Have I told you that lately? SO proud of you!

Shabby Chic Mom said...

I hope you get the job! Way to rock the interview!

Farrah said...

I just recently found your blog on a link from someone elses.

I must say that I love reading it! So many things that you talk about ring true to me too :)

Ellie said...

Awesome Job. It is 100% important for you to have that sort of confidence in front of other people, even if your qualifications aren't up to snuff they may just fall in love with your personality.

Congrats on the awesome interview and great success in week 2.

Post a Comment